Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thing #10

Okay, something I have done before! I am a scrapbooker and have used digital scrapbook page templates that have drop-ins for photos. This was very similar to that. I tried Comic Strip Generator but didn't like it. So I moved on to Image Chef and loved it! I had made 3 things before I could come up for air! The first was just like a scrapbook page using Sketchpad and a picture of George (monkey that travels with me - he is the center of stories I make for my nieces and nephew).












The second was a Word Mosaic and the third was a Bookend from the Work category.
The last place I tried was Dumpr. There I took one of my favorite pictures (from a trip to Bonaire) and made it into a jigsaw puzzle.


This is a great way to have students document activities (scrapbook-type pages), create poetry for the reluctant student (Word Mosaic), make components for slide shows, presentations, or Animotos. These can be used in research projects and book reviews, as extensions of technology lessons, and as enrichment in the classroom. The possibilities are endless!

2 comments:

  1. endless and so much fun!
    we need to have a conversation about your George stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks tons of fun..Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete