Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thing #5 Flickr

I uploaded this photo by bry105063 from Flickr. We have a dog that looks very similar to the one in the forefront. I have spent several days roaming around the website, playing with different aspects. This photo is from Creative Commons. I chose it from the section labeled: Attribution-NonCommercial License. Once I had practiced downloading and inserting the picture, I decided to check out one of the groups, the Caffineated Librarians group. This is a small group with pictures, but no discussion. I guess they are too busy to talk! I really liked the map with locations of the members - nice visual. We have been using photos with the students in the after-school program as we are discovering the MacBook laptops. The photos are chosen, loaded on a stick drive, and then downloaded onto the laptops for the students to practice with iPhoto, iMovie, and Garageband. I can see that there are many different ways you can use this website.




2 comments:

  1. Creating picture files on portable drives is a good way to speed up picture selection and prevent any oops moments with pictures that may create a stir!
    Can't wait to see of the students' cretions from the MacBooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of dog do you have? I have a standard poodle that looks just like these dogs too! Everyone always thinks he is a poodle/lab mix though.

    ReplyDelete